Tap Here 1-863-382-0042
1-863-382-0042

2845 US Alt Hwy 27 S Sebring, FL

What Can Mold Do To My Home?


Posted on May 16, 2018



Pexels | Pixabay

When it comes to mold, you know that it can cause health issues. However, did you know that it can cause extensive damage your home? Handling household mold promptly not only prevents it from spreading but it also saves your home. So, how does it damage your home? Mold can cause damage to your home in different areas. Here are some ways it can cause extensive damage to your house.

Household Materials and Structure

Mold loves to feed on organic material such as wood, paper, and many fabrics. When it feeds on any of these materials, it eats away at them, which causes the material to rot and fall apart. Mold can feed on things in your homes such as drywall, wallpaper, carpet, wood studs, and floorboards. Over time it can eat away enough of these materials to cause your ceiling or floorboards to collapse. Of course, this type of damage takes time and does not happen as soon as it starts to grow. However, mold can quickly cause unfixable damage.

Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioner System

You expect to find mold in your bathrooms, kitchen, basement, and attic, but it can also grow in your heating, ventilation, and air conditioner system. When spores start to grow in your HVAC system, it can be particularly damaging to your home due to it being more difficult to clean, and it spreads more quickly. If you think you have spores in your HVAC system, it suggested to not turn your HVAC system on until it has been cleaned and inspected. If an inspection finds spores in your HVAC system, you should ensure you find a cleaning company that does the job correctly and safely. A professional should clean your HVAC as well as all air ducts to ensure all of it is taken care of.

How To Tell If Mold Is In Your Home?

In many cases, you may not even know that mold is growing in your home. So, how do you ensure that you do not have mold and save your home? Look for these signs.

  • Smelling a mild odor: check for a mildew smell in your home
  • Seeing mold: visible spores may mean it is also in your walls or ceiling
  • Water problems: if you have a long-term water problem such as a leak
  • Flooding: after a flood, you should have your home checked. Water left setting is a perfect place for spores to start growing.
  • Condensation: if you have a lot condensation in your home, it could be a sign of spores growing in your home

Call All Brite Cleaning

Mold is never something that should be left untreated. Besides health issues, it can cause unfixable damage to your home. Don’t let it destroy your most significant investment. The professionals at All Brite Cleaning can ensure all your mold issues are taken care of properly. If you think you have a problem, call us today at 1-863-382-0042. We perform a thorough inspection before we start any work, that way we can ensure the best cleaning and results.


Quick Contact

1-863-382-0042